It's that time of the year again : in the classic film blogosphere September signals the beginning of the CMBA awards, and September is just around the corner. Ee gads! This three week long event commences with our members submitting their best writings of the year. From there we vote for the nominees and then the final winners.
CMBA is now accepting submissions for articles up until midnight August 30th, 2015. If you have not yet perused your archives, why not do so?...You just may have an award-winning post buried in your blog. Or perhaps you may wish to submit your entire blog ( the design, that is )...that's acceptable too!
Take a look below at the not-too-complicated rules, and if you feel you may want to submit a post, send us an email here.
Note: Lion statuettes will not be given out this year due to a shortage of funds, however we do have some neat digital badges for nominees and winners to put on their site.
2015 CMBA Rules and Award Categories
The awards highlights the very best posts that CMBA had to offer during the past year so this is your time to brag about your work. Each member self-nominates what they consider to be their best posts. While there are seven categories to choose from, you may only make submissions in up to four categories ( all seven would just be too many to choose from! ). Only one blog post per category may be submitted. It must have been written between September 1, 2014 and August 30th, 2015 and it cannot have been published previously on the web or in any form of media. Although you may certainly submit a post that was written prior to your membership in the CMBA, so long as it was dated within the last year.
The categories are as follows:
AWARDS GIVEN JOINTLY TO THE AUTHOR AND BLOG
· Best Film Review (Drama) - A single review may address one or more films. The “drama” category may include all film genres except…
· Best Film Review (Musical or Comedy) - Like the Golden Globes, there will be a separate category for reviews of musicals or comedies. Some films fall under both comedy/drama or musical/drama, we can work those out if you are confused as to which category to submit it in.
· Best Classic Movie Article - This category is for movie-related articles that aren't film
reviews. An article may be an editorial about cinema, a personal movie watching experience, a list of the best films by a director, etc.
· Best Profile of a Classic Movie Performer or Filmmaker - A profile may take the form of a biographical sketch or an interview.
AWARDS GIVEN TO THE BLOG (and accepted by the Blog Administrator):
· Best Classic Movie Blog Design - This award is for the graphical design of a blog, focusing on its visual aesthetics, ease of reading, use of photos to complement text, etc. Non-winning submissions from past years may be re-submitted this year.
· Best Classic Movie Blog Event - A blog event is a coordinated activity requiring the interaction of other blog owners and/or blog readers. Examples include blogathons, contests, and polls. The blog event may be a one-time activity (e.g., a blogathon) or a continuing feature (e.g., a weekly poll). The blog event may take place solely on one blog or be a coordinated event among several blogs. The award goes to the blogger who originated and hosted the event unless it's a joint effort, in which case both bloggers will receive the award.
· Best Classic Movie Series - defined as the best series of three or more posts on a single
subject published on one blog site ( e.g., Cary Grant Comedies of the 1930s ).
After all submissions are received, members will be able to vote for up to five nominees in each category. Once votes are cast they cannot be changed, so choose carefully. The winners from this vote will become our official nominees and eligible for the final awards vote.